Re: [Denemo-devel] missing fonts?

From: Bric
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] missing fonts?
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 19:33:48 -0500

On 02/18/2014 05:37 PM, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

On Feb 18, 2014 5:20 AM, "Bric" <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

> On 02/17/2014 09:52 AM, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
>>

>> Can you confirm which fonts were installed and where?
>>

> Forgot to confirm: Just upgraded to Ubuntu Trusty 14.04. I'm not getting any of those crashes.

Wow! You must love to deal with bugs and unusual setups. I never installed 12.04 until several months after its release!

> However, I'm back to badness with typeset score window showing an error (not rendering)

Did you start over with a make clean; ./autogen.sh and all that on the new distro or is this leftover from your 12.04 compile/install? You don't have any self compiled libs on your system like pango,cairo, glib, gtk etc.? Did you confirm you have lilypond installed and that denemo is in fact finding it? What are the errors at the command line?

Duh. I just copied <home directory install root>/release_1.1.2/share/fonts/truetype/denemo/*.ttf to /usr/share/fonts/truetype/denemo/

Success!

Before the recent upgrade wipe-out, I had long-ago installed denemo in /usr/local (or maybe /usr). Apparently THAT installs the fonts in the normal font directory, and ONLY THAT location works... at least for the recent installations...

Installing denemo under the home directory creates this mis-rendering. The problem didn't manifest because I had done normal installs prior to the home directory installs.

With respect to typeset window: Another "duh" (!) My upgrades wiped out the old lib's and lilypond wasn't working. I'm recompiling it now.

Thanks for your help