Re: [Denemo-devel] My connection is down

From: Bric
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] My connection is down
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:43:04 -0500

On 02/14/2014 05:08 AM, rshann wrote:
I'm afraid my internet connection has been taken out by a storm and it may be a few days before I become active here again. Meanwhile I have been investigating the preferences dialog problem.

Hi, Richard.

Please let me know how I can capture and forward to you any gdb messages that are relevant.

Meanwhile, I have another "meanwhile" myself, and it's a really mean, mean one. According to some experts out there I may be in the process of completely trashing my Ubuntu 10.10. This is sad, because it lasted soooo long, and has served me well, and could still keep going, perhaps, if I didn't tamper with glib and other system-critical packages. I believe denemo uses glib, but that's kind of my lesser problem right now...

So, I may disappear from here for i don't know how long; particularly if I reboot into a black screen with a blinking cursor. (Off-topic example: my "umount" is already refusing to run due to some nasty lib version confusion and invocation)

I have a fix ready which mitigates the problem (it is caused by the re-setting of the audio subsystem). There is an underlying threading bug I am sure, however.

thanks! Reminder: I've been using jack non-stop, and jack is running when my 1.1.2 crash occurs.