Re: [Denemo-devel] another million dollar feature

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] another million dollar feature
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 13:11:03 +0100

Bric <address@hidden> writes:

> i just thought of an INVALUABLE feature, unless it exists: forcing
> empty measures to be a certain length, for PDF/ print.
>
> too lazy to research lilypond at the moment  - just counting on
> everyone here being lilypond-literate
>
> i would imagine lilypond can do this?  If so, can you specify it in
> denemo?

<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/horizontal-spacing>

Whether you are lazy or not, other readers here will not be able to tell
you significantly different things than what is written there.

> I mean, how else would you convert the aroma of autumn leaves directly
> and immediately into flute cadenzas ??  Well, OK, battery power. But
> sometimes you just want to unplug (and compose) !! :-))

That sounds counterproductive.  Autumn leaves should be much more
focused on decomposing rather than composing.

--
David Kastrup