Re: [Denemo-devel] duration, rhythm, metronome, etc., for MIDI-input?

From: Bric
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] duration, rhythm, metronome, etc., for MIDI-input?
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 06:38:08 -0500

On 02/04/2014 04:00 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
On Mon, 2014-02-03 at 19:13 -0500, Bric wrote:

are you sure that's my problem? An old glib, and nothing else?
Almost certainly: from your log it has compiled many files with glib
functions in them and then stops at this particular function
g_list_free_full() which is in a recently created bit of code and which
is a function not available in versions of glib before the one I
mentioned. The expected result of compiling on an older glib is
precisely that message.
The bug is that our build system does not track which version developers
have, and then require it at configure time. I expect that in very tight
organizations developers are issued with specific versions of libraries
and have to build with those, and then those versions are put as minimum
version requirement in the configure stuff.

I suppose that here, "tight" is the polite way of (not) saying "fascist" and "corporate" ;-)

thank God for denemo.

I'll be looking for ways to upgrade glib.

My box "Highlight the cursor" is unchecked, and has been! Yet, my cursor is animated. Also, by the way, I also whined about scrolling animation back then. The scrolling still needs to be fixed, severely, too, unless it already has been. It gets erratic to the point of comical (Sorry). Where I arrow left, then right, and each time it (animatedly) scrolls for like three-four(!) seconds, but always PAST the bar i need it to stop at (!). Then, even when I use the alternative mouse-point-click to click into the bar, which is within viewable area at that moment, denemo suddenly decides to scroll, and scrolls that very bar (that was visible) OUT OF VIEW ! (all this with the animation effect scrolling... which, I would guess, is the culprit of it all)