[Denemo-devel] duration, rhythm, metronome, etc., for MIDI-input?

From: Bric
Subject: [Denemo-devel] duration, rhythm, metronome, etc., for MIDI-input?
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 06:02:49 -0500

I am using 1.0.9. Can one control note duration while entering over MIDI-keyboard more easily than by explicitly switching duration with PC keyboard, every time note duration should change?

Another way of asking is, can denemo act as a "midi sequencer", where you enter notes by actually "performing" them rhythmically, in real time, over a metronome pulse, and the sequencer figures out where to place each note, and estimates its duration, with respect to the given metronome pulse? (I guess with some quantizing happening, at some point, eventually)

If not, what is the most efficient way to control duration of the entered notes, from the midi keyboard?

Also, tangentially: how does one switch into and out of chord-input mode, when using midi keyboard input? I have accidentally entered that mode, but can't figure out how to do that intentionally.

thanks.