Re: [Denemo-devel] pdf Files out of sync on mac

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] pdf Files out of sync on mac
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 15:44:52 +0000

On Sat, 2013-12-21 at 08:17 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 07:20:30PM +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > Well, it seems that somehow the cycling between A and B is getting out
> > of step. You could try turning that off by not compiling in these two
> > lines (in print.c:78 and 79)
> >
> > get_print_status()->cycle = !get_print_status()->cycle;
> >   /*gint success =*/ g_unlink
> > (get_print_status()->printname_pdf[get_print_status()->cycle]);
> >
> > I think these lines are only needed for Windows (which locks files so
> > that they can't be overwritten).
> > I just tested out deleting them, and there is no obvious problem on
> > Debian. (It may be that in some case of bad LilyPond you get some old
> > typeset rather than a blank ...)
>
> Well this improved the situation but it is not completely fixed. The files
> are no longer going out of sync but the progressbar window needs closing
> before Evince can refresh. Its strange that it works properly with exportpdf.

So it would seem that the calls like this

g_child_watch_add (get_print_status()->printpid, (GChildWatchFunc)
printview_finished, (gpointer) (FALSE));

(which would close the progress bar when printview_finished got called)
are failing to fire when the relevant pid is finished with - that is,
LilyPond finishes and its pid fails to fire off the child_watch
callback.

It would be worth putting a break on the printview_finished to make sure
it is failing to fire. Else it would be some problem with the
progress_stop() call.

When this is fixed it shouldn't be necessary to avoid the cycling of pdf
output files... but how it would get fixed I don't know - possibly a bug
fixed version of glib?