Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 1.1

From: Éloi Rivard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 1.1
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 15:55:48 +0100

Reading this script I see it run the make dist command but where is the
resultant tarball for downloading and testing?
Actually all tests are automated.
#25 extracts the tarball
#27 and #28 build it
Do we really need to manually get tarballs generated by every commit ?

If that phrase has no meaning, then it is just that I don't have a good
model of what sort of thing a tag is. I was imagining it being an alias
for the source code that resulted from a particular commit. Instead
"You can see a tag like a token that you put on commits you want."
implies that it is a name for the tree resulting from a set of commits
applied in the order they happened. That makes sense to me.

This is it. Note that in your tree, a tag can point to a leaf OR a node. Actually a tag can point to any commit.

I think I created this with the idea of having some sample Denemo files
for showing the user what can be done (There is a command in the Help
menu to open one). It seems you moved a test case that I devised to that
directory:

> [denemo.git] / samples / DurationError.denemo
>

> 2013-05-17
> Éloi Rivardmoved test dir to sample
> blob | commitdiff

I could imagine the files being useful for interactive tests.

Well, DurationError should probably be on the "tests" directory, and AllDenemoDirectiveOutputs.denemo (and .scm) should probably be in the "samples" directory, shouldn't they ?