Re: [Denemo-devel] Continuous Integration

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Continuous Integration
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:35:37 +0000

On Tue, 2013-10-29 at 09:07 +0100, Éloi Rivard wrote:
> It seems that libxml support XSD schema validation, I will have a look
> at this. That might be helpful for other kind of malformations.
Yes. Ideally we never hand-edit these files, but it does happen
sometimes during development ...

Another topic:

The building for mingw is now broken on Jeremiah's server, unfortunately
(I have emailed him directly). It would be really great to have a solid
build system for windows working off every commit. I saw the
announcement of GTK3 bundle for windows too, and it made me wonder if it
would be worthwhile to take that bundle and static library builds of
things like libaubio and libsndfile from the mxe project and create an
installer for windows that way. Of course, it would mean a separate
LilyPond install step for users, which would be a pity, but it would
mean we didn't have to try and duplicate the LilyPond building work that
the LilyPond team already put so much effort into. (I just came across a
case where a user had a problem because the LilyPond version we are
building is now too old - it doesn't support the \once syntax for
changing just one slur to be above not below).

Richard