Re: [Denemo-devel] svg's not showing in Linux binary of 1.1.0

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] svg's not showing in Linux binary of 1.1.0
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 10:12:31 +0100

On Fri, 2013-10-18 at 16:52 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-10-18 at 10:20 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > Here is a screenshot of what I am getting when I launch the 1.1.0
> > linux binary. There are some fonts or .svg's not showing.
>
> I think that one is a failure to find feta.ttf (I think denemo extracts
> the glyphs for clefs, noteheads etc from that font); I say this because
> I have seen this on windows if feta.ttf is not present in the windows
> fonts directory (IIRC).

I have looked at the code and this is correct, the treble clef sign for
example is drawn by accessing the feta26 font (in drawclefs.c)

> The "Ornaments" palette has the names of the icons trill.svg etc instead
> of loading the icon - also I don't see a tilte on this palette. Denemo
> looks for this in $PREFIX/share/denemo/pixmaps - this is accessed via a
> routine in utils.c
>
>     case DENEMO_DIR_PIXMAPS:
>       return g_build_filename(get_system_data_dir (), PIXMAPS_DIR, NULL);
>
> the way Eloi left it is was accessing the directory where denemo.png is
> located (the icon for the program itself) but this wasn't used for
> setting the icon for the program, so I changed it to point to the
> pixmaps dir. Is the pixmaps dir being installed?

I've checked this, and it *is* being installed. It contains an
collection of old .xbm files from when drawclefs.c used to use those to
draw the clefs (etc). Windows is not loading the .svg files because of
the failure of gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders.exe to do anything (even when
you execute it).
Jeremiah - do you have a (statically built) copy of this executable in
the bin directory of you mxe build? (I have lost mine in the upheaval).
If so I could try it on a windows installation to find out what it
should generate.

Richard