Re: [Denemo-devel] Palettes

From: Bric
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Palettes
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 11:34:45 -0400

On 10/11/2013 04:56 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
On Thu, 2013-10-10 at 21:49 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
When I have added a command to a palette via right-click -> Place
command in a palette, how can I replace the text with an icon?

My second palette column labels are not rendered correctly. Looks like a font issue (rare unicode characters?):

                    http://www.flight.us/misc/palette_glitch.jpg

(again,  I am on Ubuntu Maverick 10.10, gtk2, etc.)

I see what the symbol should look like, thanks to Andreas Schneider's attachment.

Also, it's awesome to be able to customize these things. I don't think too many commercial (or non-commercial) alternatives out there allow you to customize your environment to THAT extent.

However, yes, it would be cool to beef up the docking algorithm, to lay multiple horizontal palettes on the same "line", rather than be invariably vertically stacked. (Denemo would compute current dimensions and decided if they are dock-able that way, based on horizontal pixels available. See? We think of more complex algorithms, and then task you guys to spend hours coding them.. Yeah! THAT's how that works!! ;-))

Right click -> Edit Label
then give the name of an image file (see the Articulations palette for
examples), The image filename you give must be in the pixmaps directory.
I think ~/.denemo-1.0.9/actions/pixmaps will be searched, but I haven't
tested that yet.

(Virtually all of the palettes I created are not using icons, they are
just very short text labels, exploiting the fonts I have installed.
Those that use Arial font don't work on windows, and may not work on
your distro if it doesn't come with that font - this is problem in  need
of a fix.)

Let me know what works (I only tried .svg from
the /usr/share/denemo/actions/pixmaps directory)