Re: [Denemo-devel] Disabled Forums

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Disabled Forums
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 12:43:10 +0100

> On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 3:24 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
>         On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 00:57:55 -0500
>         Jeremiah Benham <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>         > ok. Thanks! Do you think that we really need a forum? Do
>         users really
>         > need a forum?
>
>         Forums make it easier to give & get feedback, but until the
>         [ ...]
>
>         Yes - it would need a CMS which continuously upgraded itself
>         to armor
>         itself against the latest attack methods - so whoever created
>         it would
>         need to be an ongoing organization committed to maintaining
>         it.
>

> Could we pass the responsibility to somewhere else. Perhaps we could
> use google groups instead? Maybe there's someway that this would
> integrate well into google+ also.

I didn't know about these things "google groups" and "google+" until you
mentioned them. I have just read about them, but without some experience
of them or similar services (which I don't have) I can't contribute to
decision-making in this area.
I have noticed that Google searches still do not list the vimeo demos,
which I suspect might change if they were uploaded to Youtube. Last time
I tried to open a youtube account I couldn't proceed without changing my
browser, so I will try from a windows machine which has google chrome on
it when I get some time.