Re: [Denemo-devel] The symbol Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The symbol Denemo
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 15:12:41 +0100

On Wed, 2013-07-31 at 15:37 +0200, Éloi Rivard wrote:
> Do you mean it does not happens in 1.0.6 but happens in some more recent
> code of yours ?
yes, 1.0.6 is ok, the latest git is bad
> Can git bisect help there ?
yes, I was hoping you might recall using the name Denemo for something
(in some way, which I don't understand) recently...
> Are you sure you check after the structure is initialized ?
It is initialized statically by the compiler:
main.c first line of code:

struct DenemoRoot Denemo;

(I don't think the C language defines what values this holds, but the
problem is that gdb responds to an enquiry to print the pointer Denemo
with 0, while printing out the value at the start of main() naturally
shows that this is not the value; ultimately, this must be a problem
that gdb is having with the optimizer, but I just wondered if you were
aware of any changes that could have triggered the problem.

Richard