Re: [Denemo-devel] Something Sensational

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Something Sensational
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 13:33:23 +0100

I have added an audio recording facility to Denemo. You have to compile
with -DRECORDING_MIDI and then when you put the caps lock on the audio
output from Denemo is streamed to a file
( .denemo-xxx/denemo-output.1channel-floats). This can be imported into
audacity (via Import->Raw Data). We could directly generate ogg files as
we have the library to do so already.
I have used this to create a short sample
 http://denemo.org/~rshann/MyLadyeCarey3.ogg

this is a soundfont created from my own harpsichord with the savage MIDI
damping removed by the code mentioned in the original email.

You can also make audio recordings from MIDI generated by Denemo, and
indeed you should be able to play along to Denemo's midi and get a
combination of MIDI-generated and human generated audio.

Richard