Re: [Denemo-devel] A Good Idea?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A Good Idea?
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 09:52:31 +0100

On Sat, 2013-05-11 at 20:54 +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> 2013/4/30 Richard Shann <address@hidden>
>         On Tue, 2013-04-30 at 20:19 +0200, Juan Carlos Gómez Fernández
>         wrote:
>         > Hello
>         > I think that could be a great trick... One of the most
>         difficult
>         > thinks with denemo is to learn the shortcuts in order to use
>         it
>         > quickly...
>

>         I have put a demo up https://vimeo.com/65174334 that shows it
>         in
>         action... it does not give the tooltip yet.
>

> Another option to ease the use of shortcut could be a sort of cheat
> sheet appearing in a semi-transparent window, like in Gmail when you
> press ?
> See this example:
> http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-crOlVq4Xu0s/UGqJnMD1DBI/AAAAAAAAARo/f7EQeVf8R_Q/s1600/gmail-keyboard-shortcuts-large.png

Yes, that looks good. At the moment we don't have any function to
retrieve the current set of key shortcuts, but it could be written. And
that help could (optionally) pop up whenever you typed something not
otherwise a shortcut (on the basis that you clearly don't know what you
are doing :), though it would need to be turned off once you were at the
stage of just occasionally miss-typing, otherwise it would be very
irritating.