Re: [Denemo-devel] Binary for GNU/Linux (was Re: Setting X-offset and Y-

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Binary for GNU/Linux (was Re: Setting X-offset and Y-offset graphically.)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 12:23:09 -0500

On Apr 22, 2013 11:49 AM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > There is a GNU/Linux binary built with LilyPond's GUB which may work ...
> >
> > I just created a new one snapshot for linux. I disabled portaudio support
> So to make it play music you would need to do what? Or does it still
> play out-of-the-box? Or not at all?

Well not at all. Have you ever heard audio playback work correctly from the gub linux binary? It would crash denemo at times on startup and at times wh4n opening or saving preferences. I don't know what to do about it right now. Would it be better to write an alsa audio backend. I dont know. Maybe there needs to be code into denemo that protects it from crashing if portaudio is not working properly.