Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows Release Candidate Test

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows Release Candidate Test
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 15:05:15 +0000

On Sun, 2013-03-24 at 14:58 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> Thank you very much for this. I hadn't guessed that the crash I was
> seeing on one of the three xp boxes I tested on might be another
> manifestation of the font problem. Alerted by you experience I
> re-booted
> that box and it now works. Even better I connected a Yamaha PSR-K1 to
> it
> and that worked too, so pmdefaults is not needed for denemo.

I forgot to mention that I did notice a problem on exit - it seems you
have to turn off the Yamaha before exiting Denemo otherwise it hangs.
So this seems to be the opposite of what we saw in some other
configuration (was it under Wine?) where the call to shutdown the
Audio/MIDI backends caused the program to hang on exit. That is, it no
longer shuts these down, the main thread just executes exit(), and this
seems to leave Denemo hanging (the gui still visible but unresponsive)
when exiting with the MIDI controller still connected.