Re: [Denemo-devel] Crash on Windows (SHOWSTOPPER)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Crash on Windows (SHOWSTOPPER)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 17:37:19 +0000

I wish I hadn't started trying to fix this. I am pretty sure my fixes
are good, but my build set-up is generating bizarre effects -
denemo-console.exe no longer prints out messages and my MIDI controller
is no longer found.
Jeremiah - can you build from git master for windows and we can start
testing again?
(The fixes I have done stop the audio output defaulting to the first
location which is usually an input on windows - portaudio is correctly
picking the default on windows - I haven't checked if it is doing so on
GNU/Linux as I have only altered the windows case in these fixes. It was
this bad behavior on windows that was causing there to be a failure to
create the audio output which in turn meant that fluidsynth was never
initialized, even though it will still be called - it was this that
caused the crash changing tuning).

Richard