Re: [Denemo-devel] a wish for a feature

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] a wish for a feature
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 16:17:02 +0000

On Sun, 2013-02-10 at 09:54 -0600, address@hidden wrote:
> I know, from lurking here for over a month, that you guys have your hands
> full and I almost didn't post this.  So, ignore it or save it for later,
> as you wish.  I certainly don't want to detract from getting 1.0 released.
>
> I used .96 last night to input two piano pieces.  When I use the playback
> function, I'm sure the left hand (bass) is louder than the treble.  At
> least 10dB.  Bass tends to drown out the treble. It could be my laptop, a
> Dell D830, but I doubt it.  Regardless of whether it's my computer or not,
> it would be really nice if there were a way to independently adjust the
> audio levels of the different voices.  I'm imagining (hoping) that maybe
> you could implement this by duplicating some existing code and writing
> only a small amount of new code.

I think I have heard this sort of thing too.
What you can do is set the (initial) volume of each voice via Staff->
staff properties->Midi Tab

You can also change it during the music - the Dynamics dialog menu item
does that - it has a set of values for fff, ff,....ppp but you can also
choose. I guess that command affects only the voice (ie Denemo staff) it
is in.

HTH