Re: [Denemo-devel] A useful looking link for cross compiling... Re: gtk-

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A useful looking link for cross compiling... Re: gtk-app-devel-list Digest, Vol 105, Issue 20
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 09:13:37 +0000

On Tue, 2013-02-05 at 14:02 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I have just edited fluidsynth.mk. Now fluidsynth builds statically and
> denemo.exe no longer requires the dll. Unfortunately denemo.exe does
> not execute correctly in wine. I am wondering if it has something to
> do with the relocate stuff. I am already using --disable-binreloc but
> perhaps I should force -DWIN32 to the CFLAGS. Maybe you have different
> results in a real windows system.
I have downloaded your new fluidsynth.mk and built fluidsynth ok.
However, I am still unable to build Denemo itself, because of evince:

Failed to build package evince!
checking for
i686-pc-mingw32-pkg-config...
/home/rshann/mxe/usr/bin/i686-pc-mingw32-pkg-config
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.16... yes
checking for glib-compile-schemas... no
configure: error: glib-compile-schemas not found.
make[1]: *** [build-only-evince] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rshann/mxe'

You said in the earlier part of this thread that

> I had to cp and rename evince's pkg-config file
and then

> >         to find the destination go to your mxe folder and type:
> >         find ./ -name '*.pc'
> >         I had to pipe that through grep to find the pkg-config with
> >         a similar name to file that it was looking for.

which tells me that there is no usr/pkgconfig/*evince*.pc so I
downloaded these from

http://denemo.org/~jjbenham/mxe/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib/pkgconfig/

into the corresponding directory. I changed the paths in those files to
point to my mxe tree, but I get the very same error trying to build
evince...
Any ideas?

Richard