Re: [Denemo-devel] Building 1.0 for windows

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Building 1.0 for windows
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:05:26 -0600

On 01/29/2013 11:50 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
> What do you think - shall we make a release of the source code but
> wait until we have binaries built from it to announce on various
> forums?

Do you feel like the bug you mention is in the uncross-compiled version? If not,  we could always release the binaries later. If we release, we can make an additional announcement when the binaries are created.

I created a gub branch called release-mingw-0.9.6. With it I compiled the mingw and master branches of denemo.
mingw:
  denemo-1.0.0.~rc.7-7.mingw.exe
master:
  denemo-1.0.0.~rc.7-8.mingw.exe

I tested the mingw out on a windows xp machine. It crashed everytime with a popup telling me about project recovery. Whatever I click denemo exits. I tried deleting the .denemo-1.xxx dir and it the dialog still pops up. Is it this dialog? I looked at the code in view.c and thought that this dialog would probably be better off in its own function. It looks suspicious. Can we run gdb somehow on it. Ironically, I fixed my wine installation and it ran both branches fine (except for a couple of fonts not loading). It works better then the linux binary in gtk3 based systems.

> If so, I will go ahead with a last turn of the manual/language
> update thing and we could freeze the code.

I will leave that up to you.