Re: [Denemo-devel] SHOWSTOPPER Re: Release 1.0

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] SHOWSTOPPER Re: Release 1.0
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 16:45:37 +0000

On Mon, 2013-01-07 at 15:42 +0100, Federico Bruni wrote:
> 2013/1/7 Richard Shann <address@hidden>
>         *DENEMO USERS*
>         We have only one updated translation for the 1.0 release
>         candidate so
>         far (Japanese), and that only partial.
>
>         Please test, please update translations...
>

> I hope I can work on the italian translation in the coming weekend.
> Maybe it will be ready for final release of version 1, not for release
> candidates.

That would be great (mi piacerebbe molto averla :)
These release candidates are intended to be the final release except for
inserting the new translations that come in. The only thing that should
prompt a new candidate now is a show-stopper bug - something that would
cause users to lose their work or seriously impair the use of the
program. Fixes for such show-stopper bugs will rarely involve a change
in translation, so any translation you create this weekend will apply to
the release. I would like to allow a fortnight for testing this release
as it does represent a major step forward for Denemo, with the
improvements in editing custom scoreblocks in the LilyPond window, and
the continuous background typesetting, dragging beaming angles in pdf,
animated display of measure deletion, etc.