Re: [Denemo-devel] static build for linux

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] static build for linux
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 16:13:53 +0200

On Mon 15/10/12  3:24 AM, "Richard Shann" address@hidden wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-10-14 at 09:08 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > I will look into building it with gub again. I
> created a dynamic lib
> version of it that has two problems. It can't find
> the pango modules
> and it can't find the evince modules. I tried
> setting environment
> variables but have been unsuccessful.
> Could you upload this installer somewhere? There were similar problems
> when gub for Denemo was first done, and (IIRC) Nils sorted them out.

My problems with gub is mostly related to evince. If I use an older version of
evince then there are a bunch of extra dependencies that I need to add. I began
adding them but eventually I found a few that required the perl module
XML::Simple. I tried installing this module but it conflicted with XML::Parser.
read somewhere that XML::Parser is a dependency of XML::Simple. It seems though
they are both trying to install the same file at the same place though. If I use
the same version of evince that the windows build is using, this would require
glib to be upgraded. Glib upgraded fine for the windows build but fails on the
Linux build. It complains about a compiler error and that pretty much all it
says. I could try upgrading the compiler to see if this fixes it.

> (So
it might be worth looking at the mods that Nils contributed to the gub
> repository/comitted to denemo's gub directory - I think he got
> frustrated trying to submit to the official gub repository and put his
> mods up inside denemo's git).

I instead created a fork of the gub git tree:
git://github.com/jjbenham/gub.git

I also modified the old macports file. This the compiled without problem but I
have not tested the binary that was created from this. I am not sure where to
post this yet. I don't know if its being maintained becuase the original
macports
file was set to denemo version 0.8.10.

> It may be worth letting others look over the difficulties with what
> you
have got already... I am sure it is just a tweak away from success.

I bet it is more like a couple of tweaks. I will soon email the gub list about
my
troubles.