Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo hangs on quit when device is in use

From: Dominic Sacré
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo hangs on quit when device is in use
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 01:35:00 +0200

On Friday 18 May 2012 16:15:15 Andreas Schneider wrote:
> in Denemo:
> Audio backend: PortAudio
> Output device: ALSA: VIA 8235 (on-board sound card)
> MIDI backend: PortMidi
> Input device: ALSA: XP MIDI mate (USB MIDI device)
> Output device: ALSA: Timidity port 0
>
> in xmms:
> Output plugin: ALSA 1.2.10 output plugin [libALSA.so]

Looks ok to me, and I can't reproduce the problem you describe.

To solve this, you could try updating PortMidi, or building Denemo with
support for the ALSA sequencer backend (--enable-alsa), and using that
instead of the more indirect ALSA support via PortMidi.

Unfortunately some files are missing from the release candidate, so the
second options would currently require getting Denemo from git.

Dominic