Re: [Denemo-devel] Anyone with LilyPond version 2.14 please help.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Anyone with LilyPond version 2.14 please help.
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 09:30:07 +0100

Thank you! It seems like this syntax is still good then for 2.14,
despite the LilyPond Snippet Repository showing an extra with{} clause
involving an attribute (staff-affinity) which doesn't exist in 2.12 and
which does not seem to be having any effect.

For the curious, this is related to the idea of letting folk drag things
like voices, staffs, lyrics, chords into the arrangement they want. The
structure here depends on using \lyricsto to define the lyrics context
after it has been emitted. There seems to be no similar syntax for
chords, figures, even potentially voices could use such a syntax. It
would be nice if we could provide a uniform way of positioning the
staffs, voices, chord-symbols, lyrics, figured-basses using parallel
lilypond syntax for each...

Richard