Re: [Denemo-devel] Failure to print from the Evince widget

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Failure to print from the Evince widget
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 18:43:42 +0000

On Tue, 2011-11-22 at 08:28 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I am not sure how we will do that without some more work. The gtk branch
> requires gtk+ >= 2.24.
I take this to mean that it can be used to build with either gtk2 or
gtk3, but that in either case it requires the version >=2.24?

> If it is < 2.24, I don't think it will compile.
How many constructs are involved here? If it is less than half-a-dozen
we could write functions/macros to switch between syntaxes at compile
time (ie testing GTK_MINOR_VERSION or micro version or whatever it is).

> Debian stable is still at 2.20 correct?
I think so, mine is and I don't think there is a newer version, but
looking at the Debian website it is not clear to me.
>  When is the next realase of
> debian.
again, looking at the Debian website I didn't see a link to any
timetable.

>  I think 2.24 is in testing so it should be in the next stable
> release. We are going to need a strategy on merging this in. Should I
> use #ifdef
yes, e.g. where the #if (GTK_VERSION_XXX<XXX) is restricted to denemo.h
(or similar) defining versions of gtk functions not available in 2.20

> or I could have configure compile a separate set of files
> perhaps. view.c vs. view.gtk3.c depending on gtk version.
no.

If an experienced packager could comment (what would you like to make
your life easy?) it will be very helpful

Richard