Re: [Denemo-devel] Gkt3 draw.c

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Gkt3 draw.c
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 18:52:06 +0000

On Mon, 2011-11-14 at 10:24 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On 11/14/2011 05:40 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I guess it's drawing now?
> Yes. I thought I told you but I must have forgot.
>
> > I noticed you have allowed some buttons to get
> > the keyboard focus as well as the drawing area in your last commit. This
> > used to be quite a problem in Denemo, before it occurred to me to gray
> > out the drawing area whenever it didn't have the focus. But, in any
> > case, there is probably no point in allowing buttons to get keyboard
> > focus (it would be for tabbing about amongst all the widgets and
> > pressing Enter to click the button...), certainly if it means that after
> > clicking a button a user has to re-focus on the drawing area.
>
> Ok. So should this be used:
> gtk_widget_set_can_focus(GtkWidget *w, FALSE);
>
> Or should I just leave these out in exception of the scorearea? I only
> placed these in replacement for the
> GTK_WIDGET_UNSET_FLAGS(gui->buttonboxes, GTK_CAN_FOCUS);

yes, I presume (without looking it up) that

GTK_WIDGET_UNSET_FLAGS(gui->buttonboxes, GTK_CAN_FOCUS);

in gtk2 is equivalent to gtk_widget_set_can_focus(GtkWidget *w, FALSE);
while it looked like you had replace with
gtk_widget_set_can_focus(GtkWidget *w, TRUE);
which I would guess might have some bad consequence.
But I was only looking at the diff in gitweb so I might have it muddled.

Richard