[Denemo-devel] Refreshing Dynamic Directives

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Refreshing Dynamic Directives
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 17:23:49 +0100

I have put some effort into dynamic directives. These are for things
like Upbeat which can get out of date by the user deleting parts of the
upbeat.
I have written up what I have done so far on the denemo.org site, thus:

Dynamic Directives
We have had a flag (DENEMO_OVERRIDE_DYNAMIC) on directives which can be
set to indicate that the directive can be refreshed by executing the
action whose name is the tag. Sometimes we need several directives of
the same kind (e.g. LilyPond include files) so in this case we need
several tags all using the same refresh action. To achieve this a tag
can have a postfix starting with a colon ":" and the script
DynamicRefresh then uses the string before the colon as the action name
and the string after the colon as the parameter to the call. So a tag
"LilyPondInclude:book-titling.ily" will be refreshed by executing
(d-LilyPondInclude "book-titling.ily")
See LilyPondInclude for an example of exploiting this - in this case the
include path will be refreshed as if the user had asked for the include
file "book-titling.ily" and it was being looked up for the first time.