Re: [Denemo-devel] Building the denemo manual

From: Josue Abarca
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Building the denemo manual
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 15:30:22 -0600

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 09:17:12PM +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> Until now I have built the denemo manual by editing
> doc/denemo-manual.xml and the running xsltproc.
> This required a stylesheet parameter, docbook.xsl which I found at
>
> export XSLDIR=/usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/xsl/html/
>
> this is no longer present on my new Debian installation, and I don't
> know more than that. I have just built the manual by accessing the old
> directory (on my old, flaky, hard disk) but this is no solution.
>
> If no-one knows about docbook, we may need to abandon it.
>
> Comments please
>
> Richard

Hello Richard,

That file seems to be part of the kdoctools package, and the path to
file seems to be changed to:

/usr/share/kde4/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/xsl/html/docbook.xsl

I do not know about docbook a lot, but it seems to me that could be
better to use the file in the "docbook-xsl" package (apt-get install
docbook-xsl) and use the file:

/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/html/docbook.xsl

IMHO, all the "source" files of the manual (*xml files) should be part
of the source code (the denemo-N.N.N.tar.gz file), and the html manual
should be generated by a Makefile.

Thanks for all your work in Denemo.

(Sorry for my English)
--