[Denemo-devel] [bug #33327] DENEMO_OVERRIDE_DURATION needed

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #33327] DENEMO_OVERRIDE_DURATION needed
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 10:44:23 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

DENEMO_OVERRIDE_DURATION is needed for various scripts like staccato or the
chord-member overrides. (single-voice chord with different duration notes).

The difference to change duration in ticks is that this override should not
affect the logic behind. Its purely for playback. Measure calculation,
GetDurationInTicks etc. would still show the original value.

I see a problem when it comes to handle this in scripts. Is a relative (%) or
absolute (tick) value better? And what if two of these modificators are on one
note?
This problem is not Denemo specific but originates already in music notation.
Staccato dots combined with legato slurs or tenuto signs... I've seen it all.

I have not yet thought much about the musical methods to handle this but I
think it is not unsolvable. But maybe one modifier is not enough.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?33327>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/