[Denemo-devel] [bug #31901] d-MoveToBeginning returns #f but should retu

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #31901] d-MoveToBeginning returns #f but should return #t.
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 10:13:41 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #31901 (project denemo):

In my eyes "success" is the correct indicator if a return value should be #t
or #f. I think Denemo follows this concept already pretty well.

If I take d-NextObject the command (name) indicates that success means if I
reached the "Next" object. Now "next" makes it clear that there must be
movement involved, there is no next if the cursor does not move. This is
relative movement. You test if there is a difference in the cursor position
and return #f

But in case of d-MoveToBeginning the destination is an absolute point. We
have absolute movement. The difference of the cursor position does not matter
here. Important is that the cursor is where it should be, in this case return
#t.
This is also #t if the cursor was already in the Beginning. Moving to an
absolute point takes no interest where you came from.

P.S. we should check if d-MoveToEnd (and the selection variants of both
commands) return what we want.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?31901>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/