Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo.org poll ended: Which way to insert notes (wit

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo.org poll ended: Which way to insert notes (without MIDI-instrument available) do you want to use?
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:31:33 +0000

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 11:09 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> Here are the results.
> Next time we need to place "I don't care" or similar as first, preselected
> option.
I think it might be a good idea to re-run the same poll anyway, refining
the wording - explaining in more detail what entering a note would
involve. In particular the method of entering the accidental followed by
note-name letter, or accidental followed by Enter key (with cursor on
the note position) could be popular. And the "cursor keys" could be
supplemented by keys to move the cursor by an octave etc.

But the main problem is that people don't generally know what they would
want, only what they have used before, or what they can imagine.

Although "Everything with the mouse" sounds absurd it would be good for
someone who is not going to write very much music and not very often.
They would spend more time reminding themselves how to use the program
than using it if they had to use the keyboard for everything.

But I am not sure anyone will have the urge to help those folk...

Richard