Re: [Denemo-devel] Re: mxml

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Re: mxml
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:34:58 +0100

Just for the record, the assignment (from music-functions-init.ly)

barNumberCheck =
#(define-music-function (parser location n) (integer?) ...a function...

must be telling the LilyPond parser to pick up an integer at the parser
location and call the function with it. This would be contained in the
rule for embedded scheme (the one that strts by recognising the # char
in the appropriate context).

You can probably create music functions with all sorts of parameters, so
ultimately we would wish to be able to parse the text following
#(define-music-function to know what to swallow from the input.

For our mxml to denemo converter we may need to create a special further
table in scan_escaped_word with all the music-functions that musicxml2ly
is using and with code to step over the succeeding parameters.

It may be we can track down and use the code that LilyPond uses to do
the whole thing - it is quite likely in scheme, but musicxml2ly only
outputs a very few (one?) music-functions, so for now I think we should
just cope inside scan_escaped_word.

Richard