[Denemo-devel] [bug #29613] Bug with display--denemo doesn't know correc

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #29613] Bug with display--denemo doesn't know correct time sig
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:25:00 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #29613 (project denemo):

Thanks for the fix; I'm not able to test it now due to being on Windows.  I
found at least one other case that doesn't involve (d-MoveToBeginning) (or
end)(just open the attached .denemo):
Enter 2 4/4 bars of quarter notes,
In bar 3 change to 3/4 and enter a few notes.
The following cursor movements all cause the problem:

Starting with the cursor at the beginning of bar 3 (on the timesig change):

(d-MoveCursorLeft)
(d-InfoDialog (d-InsertTimeSig "query=timesigname"))

Alternately, this has the same unwanted effect(also starting from the 3/4
timesig in bar 3):

(d-MoveToMeasureLeft)
(d-InfoDialog (d-InsertTimeSig "query=timesigname"))

Both should display 4/4 but show 3/4.

The corresponding movements to the right, however, seem to work fine.

It seems that generally speaking, entering a bar from the right causes the
problem (when the measure you're going into has a different timesig)--this can
easily be seen visually as denemo changes the spacing in the notes as you move
to the left into a bar of different time signature: just put the cursor in the
third bar and move your cursor to the left; you'll see the display hiccup as
it enters bar 2, unless it's been fixed already.  I think that's just a
symptom of needing to refresh as you did to the gotohome command.
Attached the denemo file to save having to set it up as I wrote above.
-Dan

(file #20289)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: TimeSigQuirk.denemo            Size:0 KB

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?29613>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/