Re: [Denemo-devel] Recording MIDI

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Recording MIDI
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 23:15:50 -0600

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 08:38:32PM +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> I have put in git the recording of live MIDI.
> You set MIDI Thru on and Record on then start playback. While the score
> is playing you play your MIDI in over the top. When finished hit the
> button marked "Recording..." and either
>
> Hit Play - you hear a composite of your performance and the score
>
> or
>
> save the file as MIDI
>
> On loading back you get a score with the original notes plus your
> recorded notes, as mangled by importmidi.c

Speaking of mangling. I think something needs to be done here dealing with the
rest insertion. I tried doing this:

static void
insert_rest_into_score(notetype length)
{
  DenemoGUI *gui = Denemo.gui;
  gint i;
  highlight_rest(gui, length.notetype);
  gint mode = gui->mode;
  gui->mode = INPUTINSERT|INPUTREST;
  switch (length.notetype)
  {
     case 0:
       insert_rest_0key (gui);
       break;
     case 1:
       insert_rest_1key (gui);
       break;
     case 2:
       insert_rest_2key (gui);
       break;
     case 3:
       insert_rest_3key (gui);
       break;
     case 4:
       insert_rest_4key (gui);
       break;
     case 5:
       insert_rest_5key (gui);
       break;
     case 6:
       insert_rest_6key (gui);
       break;
     default:
       insert_rest_2key (gui);
       break;
  }
  gui->mode = mode;
  displayhelper (gui);
  score_status(gui, TRUE);

  /* add dots */
  for (i=0;i<length.numofdots;i++)
    add_dot_key (gui);
}

I did not have any luck though. Attached is the midifile that is causing
trouble.

Jeremiah