Re: [Denemo-devel] A Good Idea

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A Good Idea
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 15:05:30 -0600

On Mar 4, 2010, at 6:46 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

J. would you like to look at importmidi.c with a view to separating out
the file open/new score/new staff stuff from the core function that
takes an smf_track and puts the smf_events into a given staff?

I am a bit confused here. You want seperated functions. The first loads the midi into smf structure in memory. A second function that creates a new score? Another function that adds a new staff. Or are you looking for me to import the midi appending it onto new staffs. Then a seperated function that adds the imported midi as a new movement. Then lastly one that will replace the current score.

Importmidi either needs a GUI to set quantization parameters. Basically what would need to be set would be the minimal granule size. This granual could be an sixteenth, 32snd, 64th etc. If a GUI is not desirable perhaps we can do what rosegarden does and have a very small initial granule setting and then have a scheme script that can do further quantization.