[Denemo-devel] New mouse selection method

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] New mouse selection method
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:07:15 +0100

At Nils' prompting I have changed the mouse selection method. Now
dragging with left button pressed starts and extends the selection.
I thought this would ruin the default action dragging with the left
button pressed. (The standard mouse shortcuts are in the Edit menu, viz.
PrL-Control and RlsL-Control for cut and paste). In fact, I think these
are improved.
 You can now make a selection, place the cursor inside it and drag the
music to a new point. As you press the left mouse button the selection
is deleted, and as you release it, it is pasted.
There is no special control-dragging cursor, which would perhaps be
good. And it is perhaps too easy to have the control key pressed when
left clicking, causing an unwanted paste - an optional dialog to
complete the paste might be good?