Re: [Denemo-devel] The new possibilities

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The new possibilities
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 17:11:32 +0100

On Sun, 2009-07-12 at 09:26 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 09:41:14PM +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > Just for fun, with the new git run this script
> >
> > (define GameScore::score 0)
> > (define (GameScore::Increase)
> >   (set! GameScore::score (+ GameScore::score 1))
> >   (d-DirectivePut-score-display "GameScore" (object->string
> > GameScore::score)))
> > (d-SetDirectiveTagActionScript "GameScore" "(GameScore::Increase)")
> > (d-DirectivePut-score-graphic "GameScore" "<b>The Score:</b> ")
> >
> > and then try clicking on the button labelled The Score
>

> Ooh. I like it. I let them constanly see their score.
>  The button idea can also be used for other things also.
too right as our Australian cousins would say
>  Can the buttons be keybound?
dunno, there is a lot to explore. I propose a naming convention: tag
names can contain a '.' character to create a prefix. So directives with
tags

Game.Help
Game.Score
Game.Go
Game.Setup

will all go into a button-bar called Game. At the moment everything goes
into the View->Titles etc button-bar. But we can make our scripts ready
for this refinement by adopting the naming convention now.
It means you can create a set of custom button-bars with the things that
you want to activate by mouse-click, as opposed to those that you want
to remember a keyboard assignment for. I can imagine button-bars of
tempo markings, or ornaments, or special barlines...

Richard