[Denemo-devel] [bug #26967] Playback bugs, feature request etc.

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #26967] Playback bugs, feature request etc.
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 00:37:16 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

This is the Windows XP 0.8.6 version I'm testing.
I noticed when I play back through timidity with several staffs, some of
which have empty first bars and others which don't, the playback is basically
every staff starting on its own first bar simultaneously.  (If you wrote a
fugue with the 2nd voice on its own staff with empty first few bars, you'd
hear the subject in parallel fifths or whatever.)

Also the metronome markings playback in strange ways.  The playback doesn't
see what marks are on the first beat.  And when it does see a mark, it
interprets it pretty weirdly.  Eg. switch to quarter=100 comes out at 120 bpm,
60 bpm becomes 96 bpm in playback.  It's not obvious to me what exactly it's
doing to come up with these numbers.  Midi output has the same problem when
saved as a midi file.  It seems to compound the problem when there's another
switch and end up at 240 bpm playback.

Also this is probably well-known: sometimes the display puts the stems on the
wrong side of the noteheads, with quarter notes looking like "b" instead of
"d".  Putting the cursor into the problem measures sometimes straightens
things out.

And finally a feature request: A command like ToggleEdit that allows
switching between Classic and Insert at a keypress.  I've found each mode has
its advantages and it'd be nice to switch back without having to use the
mouse.

Thanks.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?26967>

  Message sent via/by Savannah