Re: [Denemo-devel] google music notation editor

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] google music notation editor
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 19:09:07 -0500

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 07:08:59PM +0100, Richard Shann wrote:

> as before - it is trying to configure in the source directory (which is
> indeed configured) instead of creating new directories and doing
> configure there, making all the sources relative to those, which is what
> it used to do (and AFAIK all other packages do).

I think you may be mistaken. If not I would like to know so I can learn from
this. I just grabbed 3 source pkgs from ~/src. I tried nted which I had
compiled once before. I creaded an nted directory
cd nted
../nted-1.5.0/configure

checking for gawk... gawk
configure: error: source directory already configured; run "make distclean"
there first

I then procedded to try other packages out the same way thinking that one will
work. I tried alsa-firmware-1.0.20 and lives-0.9.9.6. They all gave me the same
results:

configure: error: source directory already configured; run "make distclean"
there first

Now in denemo when I did do:
make distclean

then created a directory denemo_nojack
cd denemo_nojack
..//denemo/configure; make
It did create several subdirectories, configured, stored .o files and linked
all in this denemo_nojack
directory