Re: [Denemo-devel] Linking smf events to Denemo objects

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Linking smf events to Denemo objects
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 14:30:44 -0500

On May 19, 2009, at 10:36 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 16:34 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
Does this sound reasonable?

I believe you can do this. Read smf.h line 131.
line 131 was in the middle of a comment.
Our emails just crossed in the ethernet. But one point that comes to
mind - is libsmf a solid-enough looking project for us to spend effort
building into Denemo?

It seems okay. I have not run into any troubles yet. I have modified importmidi on my git to use some of the funtions in libsmf. I don't think we have much a choice. I have not found any other midid library except portmidi and portsmf. These are written in c++ though. It either work with one of these projects or do it ourselves. What we have currently is not very clear maintained easily. Portsmf appears to have more features. We could use that if you prefer. Portsmf is part of portmidi. Csound uses this I believe. I have not researched how many projects are using libsmf. I picked it out of bias because it was in c. I can't find a way to join any mailing list for libsmf nor is there any easily attainable contact info for the authors. So if I found a bug I guess I would have to put it in a bug report on their sorcerorge page.