Re: [Denemo-devel] Release

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 19:05:00 +0100

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 12:53 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 06:10:24PM +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > >
> > > Saving as png seems to be broken.
> > The source code could never have worked. I've patched it a bit so it
> > does work, though on my system it generates .png.eps as output.
> > Nevertheless some default application on my system displays it ok.
> > > Its actually saving them as .png in the .denemo folder but copy the .ly
> > > file and renaming it the target .png. I have not really looked into why
> > > this is doing this. I don't know how many people want to have the entire
> > > score as a .png rather then .pdf but its probably easier to get a
> > > thumbnail for websites. I also noticed that command line or silent mode
> > > denemo is broken. Nobody else spoke up on this so I figured it wasn't
> > > used. I never used it but I think it was supposed to work like this:
> > >
> > > denemo -s file.denemo
> > >
> > > Then there will be a file.pdf of the rendered score in the working
> > > directory. I have no idea how long this feature has been broken.
> > > Jeremiah
> > I expect for quite a while, let's ignore this.
>
> okay. How many days do you want to remain frozen until release?
I think this should depend on whether there is any flurry of bug
reports, prompted by the announcement. If not 3-4 days is fine. In any
case development can continue on the main branch with the new (0.8.5)
version number. I'll post an announcement of the imminent arrival of
0.8.4 and see if there are any showstoppers found.
Richard