Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi-status

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi-status
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:37:50 -0500

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 10:02 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 23:21 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> > Hi Jeremiah,
> >
> > do you think some kind of live-midi-out via jackmidi will be ready for the
> > next release?
> >
> > If you need any information or help I would be glad to provide you with
> > research etc.
> As I recall the last email from Jeremiah on this topic was that he was
> not convinced that it was worth doing ... is this still the case?

I think it may be worth doing but I don't have the time at the moment. I
don't have the time right now. I wanted to first debug what is currently
there. Nobody has sent me any bug reports yet I highly doubt what is
there is very stable. I was wanting to work the kinks out of the port
creation assignment first. At the moment it is too easy to crash denemo
via the jackmidi. The culprit may be the fact that denemo allows staffs
with the same voice name. Since the creation of port names is supposed
to be based on the track/voice names. The names are not changed when a
user loads a file. This needs to be fixed also. For some reason I can't
seem to rename the midi ports. Everytime I have tried it fails. I am
going to have to find some help on that.

I also wanted lash to save the connections. This does not yet seem to be
happening. I find this to be a pain to manually connect the ports in
jack. Lash is saving loading the files and exiting denemo but not saving
the connections. I would rather fix these things first. At the moment I
am a little stuck with some of these things and I am sure there are
issues that I don't know about. Nobody is reporting anything about the
changes I have made. Before the next release I want to have these things
fixed.