[Denemo-devel] Edit Object

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Edit Object
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:09:58 +0000

We now have Edit Object, one of Nils' wishlist items. Under Edit->Edit
Object is an action which accesses methods for editing the object at the
cursor. If it is a note it allows the usual edits (duration, sharpen,
flatten, more to come) as well as editing directives attached to the
note (or chord if you are not on a note, or nearest note if you are near
one). If you are on a clef change it allows you to edit that.
This is just a preliminary draft: most objects need filling it, and
there are some more note edits to be put in, no doubt. These last you
can do yourself (in denemoui.xml), that is they don't require
re-compiling. (Search for <popup at the end of the file)
Which illustrates a nice fact - all this extra functionality comes with
virtually no extra code - its just that the editing stuff we have is now
all linked in at the point where you press Edit Object and Denemo
determines what sort of object you have.
To edit clef change I have change the current insert clef change code to
do an edit rather than insert if the current object is a clef change. We
will need analogous code for key & timesig (... and more??)

The idea would be to put Edit Object under some easily accessible
shortcut (e.g. right-button-release on mouse or Esc on keyboard) in the
default commandsets.