[Denemo-devel] Does Denemo open third-party lilypond files?

From: Ken Klaser
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Does Denemo open third-party lilypond files?
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 21:40:14 -0800

If I've asked this question in the wrong place, my apologies.  If I've
asked in the right place, thanks in advance for your consideration!

One question: Should Denemo 0.8.2, installed from tar.gz (not a .deb
file), running on Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 "Lenny", open an already made
Lilypond file such as those published by mutopiaproject.org?

Such as this this lilypond file:
www.mutopiaproject.org/ftp/BachJS/BWV772/bach-invention-01/bach-invention-01.ly

Not a question, just some context: Neither the Synaptic-installed Denemo
0.7.7 or the later compiled 0.8.2 seems to open those files.
I'm wondering if my system or installation (I'm a Linux noob), or
downloaded file has a problem such as .ly version compatibility or
corruption (it's saved from the browser), or if Denemo doesn't yet offer
that particular functionality of opening third party lilypond files.