Re: [Denemo-devel] Lilypond 2.12 command line change for excerpt

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Lilypond 2.12 command line change for excerpt
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:27:47 +0000

On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 08:31 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> The command line arguments have changed for Lilypond 2.12. I don't know
> if should do something lile:
>
> if (lilypond_version > 2.12)
> gchar *png[] = {
>     Denemo.prefs.lilypath->str,
>     "--png",
>     "-dbackend=eps",
>     resolution,
>     "-o",
>     filename,
>     lilyfile,
>     NULL
>   };
> }
> else {
>
> $OLD_ARGUMENTS
>
> }
>
> Then users would set the version number in Paper Setup?

No, lilypond version in paper setup is supposed to be the version of the
lilypond language being generated by Denemo (since it is printed in the
output as the \version command).
The only reason why anyone would want to alter the value was because
they had included syntax for a later version inside DenemoDirectives
(exploiting the fact that the built-in lilypond output is very simple
and relatively immune to version changes).
We need a new variable to represent the LilyPond version that is
available for the print command. This variable would not be stored with
the music (exportxml) because it would not be a property of the music,
but of the system the file had been opened on.
It would be good if this new variable could be instantiated at run time
(?by running lilypond --version).
Then we could avoid running convert-ly when the versions matched.
Paper Setup should be renamed LilyPond setup, and Font Size should read
Staff Size.
Watch out for defining the png[] array where it could go out of scope...
I came across a second example of that last week (I don't know what it
was for but I fixed it).

BTW printing a single movement seems to have fallen on the floor?