[Denemo-devel] play?

From: alex stone
Subject: [Denemo-devel] play?
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 05:10:47 +0200

I've managed to get denemo 0.8.2 installed successfully on my travelling ubuntu hardy 32bit ppc G4 laptop.

And it seems to be ok so far, but for one problem.

In Qjackctl, i can see a midi in port to plug into and that works.
But when i use fluidsynth as the default midi player, it opens only when i hit play, and quits when i hit stop, each and every time.
I tried the same thing using the Qsynth gui, for the same result.

If i open a seperate standalone instance of Qsynth, in order to keep it running all the time, Denemo ignores this, and tries to open a new instance each time at, you guessed it, play and stop, with an error message about 2 instances open at once.

It's the same result for linuxsampler.

Any clues just what i may be doing wrong?

Alex.

p.s. Denemo's coming along nicely.. :)

--
Parchment Studios (It started as a joke...)