Re: [Denemo-devel] Example: Positioning of text and icons for displaying

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Example: Positioning of text and icons for displaying Denemo Directives.
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 19:16:11 +0000

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 11:27 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 15:33 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I have checked in code for positioning the icons that display Denemo
> > Directives. There is an example in
> >
> > menus/ObjectMenu/Instruments->Guitar->Fingering->StringNum
> >
> > which inserts a string number indication (you follow the command with
> > the number desired), which is shown as the number surrounded by a
> > circle.
>
> This is a nice feature. Thanks for adding it.
>
> > This circle graphic is stored in the directory actions/bitmaps which
> > will need to be installed (Jeremiah, can you check/ensure this happens?)
>
> It installs fine here.
>
> > The format of the data is 1 byte for width, 1 byte for height followed
> > by an array of chars, as in xbm data.
>
> How did you create this xbm data? Gimp?
No, you use Save Graphic on the right-click menu of the menu item that
the graphic belongs to.
The image (in general) you capture from the Print view pane (as yet you
don't get a friendly box showing what you are capturing). In this case
as I wanted a general circle I created the .png and then copied it
to .png/denemoprint.png so that it would appear in the Print view pane.
At the moment, right clicking in the Print view pane refreshes the image
from there. I will install a right click menu to load/save stuff
directly in this pane.

> > I attach an example showing this in action, and the script that
> > generates the String Numbers can be read using Get Script option.
>
> This is a very useful feature also. I like the way it appends if you do
> it multiple times.
Append/Create is controlled by the tag that you passed. You can have as
many DenemoDirectives attached to a note or chord as you like, as long
as you give them different tags.
I've done a little bit of the docs already

>  This way a user can can combine elements of multiple
> scripts if they wished.
More importantly a script to move the string number can be written (it
knows the tag and so can re-write the directive with appropriate
LilyPond \override stuff to give more padding or displace the item).
Richard