[Denemo-devel] jack-smf-utils code borrowing

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: [Denemo-devel] jack-smf-utils code borrowing
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 09:43:18 -0600

I have been looking for example code to do jackmidi out from denemo. I
think Nils may have sent me a link to jack-smf-utils. I noticed it
supports lash also. I propose we embed this code into denemo. The source
depends on libsmf (comes in the jack-smf-utils tarball). This can later
be used to improve out midi import functionality.

If a user wanted to have jack midi capabilities immediately without
upgrading they can install jack-smf-utils and replace denemo's playback
properties external midi player with a line similar to this:

jack-smf-player -t -a "a2j:FLUID Synth (8219) (playback): Synth input
port (8219:0)"

of course the user would have to change the content in the quotes. Once
I embed this in denemo the connections will be made via jack and or
lash.

Here is the jack-smf-utils website:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jack-smf-utils/