Re: [Denemo-devel] Testing Jackmidi output

From: Nils Gey
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Testing Jackmidi output
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 22:58:20 +0100

QSynth or Zyn are perfectly fine for this job. But they are ALSA-Midi and not
jackmidi. This is not a real problem since Linux has an ALSA/JACK bridge in
jackd included. Its started with -Xseq . Its quite possible that your qjackctl
already does that.

Here is my jack:
/usr/bin/jackd -R -dalsa -r96000 -p256 -n2 -D -Chw:0 -Phw:0 -Xseq

The drumsampler hydrogen for example does not need the alsa-bridge. So if your
jack is broken you may test it with that. Otherwise there is another bridge
thats called a2jmidid which is independent from jack.

Nils