Re: [Denemo-devel] How much work to write an importer for this attached

From: David Bolton
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] How much work to write an importer for this attached format
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 12:22:40 -0600

I used a nwc2xml converter quite extensively two or three years ago. The author was responsive to bug reports and quickly fixed most problems I encountered. However it was not designed for NoteWorthy 2.0 files.
http://www.geocities.com/juria90/nwc.html

Lilypond has preliminary support for MusicXML import. I have used it a few times over the years but the results were usually lacking (maybe it has improved since).

There are a number of FOSS scorewriters that support MusicXML. My experience with MusicXML and MuseScore has been very positive especially in the latest prereleases.

I would highly recommend support for MusicXML since it has become a defacto standard supported by every major scorewriter.

David